- Power sharing means the distribution or decentralization of power among the government’s organs, i.e. the legislature, executive, and judiciary.
- In a democracy, all the power doesn't rest with any one organ of the government.
- Power sharing among the legislature, the executive, and the judiciary is very important to have in a democracy.
- Power sharing is also central to dividing power among the country's citizens to follow the ideal of democracy and ensure harmony among different social and ethnic groups.
- Countries such as Belgium and Sri Lanka demand for power sharing.
Introduction - Power Sharing - Concepts - Chapter 1 Class 10 Political Science - Power Sharing - Political Science
Last updated at Aug. 9, 2023 by Teachoo