Name any two major fibre crops grown in India. Describe the conditions required to grow these two crops.
Points to remember
- Two fibre crops – cotton and jute.
- Climate conditions to grow cotton
Cultivate on black soil
- High temperature and bright sunshine
- Low rainfall or irrigation
- 210 frost-free days
- Kharif crop and require s 6 to 8 months to mature
- Cultivate on well-drained fertile soils in the flood plains
- High temperature is necessary .
Answer to be written in the Exam
- Two Fibre crops grown in India are Cotton and Jute
- The black cotton soil of the Deccan Plateau's drier regions is ideal for cotton growth
- It requires high temperature a nd bright sunshine.
- Low rainfall or irrigation is required for its growth.
- It requires 210 frost-free days and bright sunshine for its growth.
- It is a Kharif crop and requires 6 to 8 months to mature
- Jute cultivate on well-drained fertile soils in the flood plains where the soil replenishes every year
- During its growth phase , high temperature is required.