This question was asked in [Board Term–II 2016]
What were Mahatma Gandhi‘s views on women‘s participation in the national movements?
Points to Remember
Mahatma Gandhi’s view on participation of women in the national movement were
- large-scale participation of women.
- thousands of women came out of their houses
- participated in protest marches
- women went to jail
- service to the nation as a sacred duty .
- duty of women to look after home
- reluctant to allow women to hold any position
We use any 3 points and elaborate on them
Answer to be written in the exam
- They participated in protest marches, manufactured salt , and picketed foreign cloth and liquor shops .
- Moved by Gandhiji’s call, women began to see service to the nation as a sacred duty .
- Gandhiji was convinced that it was the duty of women to look after home and hearth , be good mothers and good wives .