This question was asked in [CBSE SQP-2020-21]
Describe the role of Alluri Sitaram Raju in Andhra Pradesh during 1920s.
Points to Remember
Role of Alluri Sitaram Raju in the Gudem hills of Andhra Pradesh
- Alluri Sitaram Raju claimed he had special powers.
- He could survive bullet shots .
- He was an incarnation of God .
- Persuaded people to wear Khadi
- India could be liberated only by the use of force.
- Guerrilla warfare for achieving swaraj.
Answer to be written in the exam
- Alluri Sitaram Raju claimed that he had a variety of special powers ; he could make correct astrological predictions and heal people .
- He claimed that he could even survive bullet shots .
- Captivated by Raju , the rebels proclaimed that he was an incarnation of God .
- Raju talked of the greatness of Mahatma Gandhi , Raju was inspired by the Non-cooperation Movement.
- Gudem rebels attacked the police stations , attempted to kill British officials and carried on guerrilla warfare for achieving swaraj.
Use any 3 points and elaborate on them