This question was asked in (OD Set-II, 2017)
Evaluate the role of Business Classes in the ‘Civil Disobedience Movement’.
Points to Remember
Role of Business class in 'Civil Disobedience Movement':
- Reacted against the colonial policies
- Protection against imports of foreign goods .
- A rupee-sterling foreign exchange ratio
- Indian Industrial and Commercial Congress
- Industrialists attacked colonial control
- Refused to buy or sell imported goods.
We use any 3 points and elaborate on them
Answer to be written in the exam
- Keen on expanding their business , they now reacted against the colonial policies that restricted business activities .
- A rupee-sterling foreign exchange ratio that would discourage imports.
- To organise business interests , they formed the Indian Industrial and Commercial Congress in 1920 and the Federation of the Indian Chamber of Commerce and Industries (FICCI) in 1927.