This question was asked in[OD Set–I, 2020],[Board Term–II, 2016],[Board Term–II, Foreign Set–III, 2016]
Explain the effects of First World War on India.
Points to Remember
Impacts of First World War on India
The effects of First World War on India were
- New economic and political situation .
- Increase in defense expenditure
- Custom duties were raised
- Income tax was introduced.
- Crops failed
- Prices increased - doubling between 1913 and 1918.
- Influenza epidemic
Use any 3 points and elaborate on them
Answer to be written in the exam
- It led to a huge increase in defense expenditure which was financed by war loans and increasing taxes.
- Custom duties were raised and income tax was introduced.
- During the war years the prices increased - doubling between 1913 and 1918. It led to extreme hardship for the poor people .