(a) Name the organ that produces sperms as well as secretes a hormone in human males. Name the hormone it secretes and write its functions.
(b) Name the parts of the human female reproductive system where fertilisation occurs.
(c) Explain how the embryo gets nourishment inside the mother’s body.
- The organ that produces sperms as well as secretes hormones in human males are testes.
- Testosterone is the hormone secreted by testes.
- Functions of testosterone are:
- Regulates formation of sperms.
- Brings about the changes in boys during adolescence.
In the human female reproductive system, fertilisation occurs in the fallopian tube / oviduct.
Embryo gets nourishment inside the mother’s body through the placenta. Placenta is a disc-like special tissue between the uterus wall and the embryo. It is through the placenta that all the requirements of the developing foetus like nutrition, respiration, excretion, etc are met from the mother’s body.