This question asked in [CBSE Delhi Set - II, 2017]
The following paragraph has not been edited. There is one error in each line. Write the error and its correction as shown in the example.
I met her by chance then I e.g. then when
went to getting some Medicine 1. ___ ___
which Sister Amy use to give. 2. ___ ___
It was amazing for meet Mother. 3. ___ ___
I start loving just her presence. 4. ___ ___
1. (A) gets (B) got (C) getting (D) get
2. (A) uses (B) used (C) to use (D) useful
3. (A) to (B) as (C) on (D) from
4. (A) starting (B) started (C) start (D) starts
- Getting- ‘Ing’ is added at the end of a verb when we talk about it in continuous tense and the passage is not in continuous tense. So, the correct word is “get”.
- Use- “Use” is the present tense of the verb and the passage is in the past tense. So, the correct word is “used”.
- For- “For” is because and it is not amazing because of meeting people. So, the correct word is “to”.
- Start- “Start” is the present tense of the verb and the passage is in the past tense. So, the correct word is “started”.
Thus, the correct paragraph is
I met her by chance when I
went to get some Medicine
which Sister Amy used to give.
It was amazing to meet Mother.
I started loving just her presence.