As per Thomson,
- Model of Atom is similar to a plum pudding .
- The pudding is spherical in shape and has dry fruits in it embedded (spread) throughout the pudding.
- Similarly an atom is mainly made up of a positively charged sphere with electrons embedded all through it.
- The structure of atoms is just like a watermelon .
- Watermelon is red coloured with seeds embedded (spread) throughout.
Similarly an atom is mainly made up of a positively charged sphere with electrons embedded all through .
As per Thomson's Theory;
- An atom contains only protons and electrons (there are no neutrons).
- An atom contains a positively charged sphere with negatively charged electrons embedded in it .
- The negative and positive charges are equal in magnitude , hence overall atoms are electrically neutral .
In text Question - Page 47 Q1, Q2 Page 49Q1
NCERT Back Exercise - Q2, Q14(i), Q14(iii),