On the basis of the issues raised in this chapter, what changes would you incorporate in your lifestyle in a move towards a sustainable use of our resources?
The changes that we can incorporate in our lifestyle as a move towards a sustainable use of our resources are
- Using LEDs instead of bulbs.
- Maximizing the use of public transport rather than using private vehicle
- Covering short distances by foot or bicycle
- Using solar energy to cook food rather than burning coal or using LPG
- Wearing extra layers of clothing rather than using room heater.
- Switching off lights, fans and other electrical appliances when not in use.
- Not leaving taps open when not in use.
- Using jute/cloth bags instead of plastic bags
- Throw biodegradable and non-biodegradable wastes in separate dustbins
- Install solar panels to generate electricity