What are the problems caused by the non-biodegradable wastes that we generate?
The problems caused by the non-biodegradable wastes that we generate are
- Biological magnification - Non biodegradable wastes like pesticides enter into the food chain and accumulate with increase in trophic levels and thus harm the organisms.
- Non-biodegradable materials present in the environment seep into the soil, thus making it less fertile by either making it too acidic or making it too alkaline.
- If we try to eliminate non-biodegradable wastes by burning, they generate various harmful gases.
- Non-biodegradable wastes do not decompose even in a long time, hence we require large dumping areas.
- The non-biodegradable waste disposed in various water bodies affect the lives of marine animals.
Subscribe to our Youtube Channel - https://you.tube/teachoo