Get NCERT Solutions of all Exercise Questions and Examples of Chapter 7 Class 10 Coordinate Geometry. All questions have been solved in an easy to understand way with detailed explanation of each and every step.
Answers to optional exercise is also given
In Coordinate Geometry of Class 9, we learned what is x and y coordinate of a point.
In this chapter, we will learn
- Coordinates of points in x-axis (x, 0) and y-axis (0, y)
- How to find distance between two points using Distance Formula
- Checking if points form a triangle, or an isoceles triangle, or a square, rectangle. (To do this, we need to learn properties of parallelogram)
- Checking if 3 points are collinear using Distance Formula
- Finding points equidistant to given points
- Then, we will learn about Section Formula - Finding coordinates of a point that divides line joining two points in some ratio
- Finding coordinates of mid-point of a line using Section Formula
- Finding ratio when coordinates of point of intersection is given
- Using properties of parallelogram to do some questions on Section Formula (like finding coordinates of a point, when 4 vertices of parallelogram are given)
- Finding Area of triangle when coordinates of all 3 vertices are given
- Proving 3 points collinear using Area of Triangle Formula
- Finding Area of Quadrialteral using Area of Triangle Formula (dividing Quadrilateral into 2 triangles and finding area)
Click on an exercise link below to study from the NCERT Way.
Or you can click on a topic link below Concept wise to learn the Teachoo way.