- In his book The Discovery of India Jawaharlal Nehru says that Indian unity is not something imposed from the outside but rather, “It was something deeper and within its fold, the widest tolerance of belief and custom was practised and every variety acknowledged and even encouraged.”
- The freedom movement showed that people from diverse cultures and backgrounds united to fight against the foreign rulers .
- The Indian flag , the National Anthem and the patriotic songs are all symbols of our unity .
- We also celebrate some festivals that are shared by members of different regional and religious communities, such as Independence Day , Republic Day , and Gandhi Jayanti .
- We respect and appreciate the diversity of languages , religions , customs , traditions , and arts in our country.
- We cooperate and help each other in times of natural disasters , crises , or challenges .
- We have a common identity as Indians and share the same national pride of having India as our motherland.
Unity - Concepts - Chapter 1 Class 6 Political Science - Unity in Diversity - Political Science
Last updated at Sept. 12, 2023 by Teachoo