Describe the work of a farmer with 1 hectare of land.
Answer to be written in the exam:
- A farmer with 1 hectare of land will be called a small farmer.
- In order to maximize crop yields, the farmer needs money.
- The money is borrowed from a money lender at a high-interest rate, and at times must also be worked as farm labor for the moneylender.
- Produce from the farm must be divided between personal use and market sale once the farm has been cultivated.
- Farmers usually gives away whatever profits they earn to moneylenders , leaving little money for themselves.
- Family members are the only ones who can assist a small farmer.