Grouping of small land holding into a bigger one is called:

(A)Ceiling of land holding

(B) Collectivization

(C) Cooperative Farming

(D)Consolidation of land holding


So, the correct answer is (D): Consolidation of land holding 


  • (A) Ceiling of land holding -   refers to the maximum amount of land that a person is permitted to possess .
  • (B) Collectivization - refers to the combining the small farms into large ones and their ownership is taken by the state .
  • (C) Cooperative farming - farming where farmers in a hamlet pool their resources and agree to consider the combined plot as one large farm for cultivation .
  • (D) Consolidation of land holding - refers to bringing together small pieces of land and combining them into one.

Thus, option (D) is correct



Go Ad-free
Davneet Singh's photo - Co-founder, Teachoo

Made by

Davneet Singh

Davneet Singh has done his B.Tech from Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur. He has been teaching from the past 14 years. He provides courses for Maths, Science, Social Science, Physics, Chemistry, Computer Science at Teachoo.