This question was asked in (Delhi/OD, 2020)
How did Greek war of independence mobilise nationalist feelings among the educated elite across Europe? Explain.
Points to Remember
Greek war of independence mobilized nationalist feelings among the educated elite across Europe by
- Greece had been part of the Ottoman Empire.
- Struggle for independence began in 1821.
- Nationalist received support from Greeks in exile and Western Europeans.
- Cradle of European civilization.
- Struggle against Muslim empire.
- Lord Byron helped in organizing funds.
- Treaty of Constantinople.
Use any 5 points and elaborate on them