An example of homologous organs is
- our arm and a dog’s foreleg.
- our teeth and an elephant’s tusks.
- potato and runners of grass.
- all of the above.
These organs have the same origin but serve different functions .
For Example -
- The structure of our arm and a dog's foreleg is similar , but while our arm works to lift things , a dog’s foreleg is used to walk, stride and run .
- Human teeth are used to chew and grind food , elephant tusks are used for digging, resting their trunks and other such activities.
- Both potatoes and Runners of Grass represent the stem part of a plant but have different functions .
This means they have all evolved differently from a common ancestor .
This is known as Homologous Organs or Divergent Evolution .
So, the answer is, (d) all of the above