- Different plants have different types of flowers.
- They may be of different shapes, size and colors.
Parts of a Flower:
- Green, leaf like part in the outer circle of flower are known as Sepals
- Function- Protect the flower when it is in the form of a bud.
- Inside the sepals are the petals.
- Petals are of different colors, shape and size.
- Inside the petals, there are stalks with swollen tops
- They are known as Stamen
- Stamen is made up of 2 parts:
The stalk of stamen is known as Filament.
- The swollen part of stamen is known as Anther
- Stamen is the male reproductive part of flowers.
- Innermost part of the flower is known as Pistil.
- Pistil is made up of 3 parts-Stigma, Style and Ovary.
- Top part of the pistil is known as Stigma
- Middle part of the pistil is known as the Style.
- Swollen part at the bottom of the pistil is known as Ovary
- Ovary contains small bead like structures inside them these are known as Ovules
- Pistil is the female reproductive part of flowers.
- The structures of all the flowers may not be the same .
- They have different numbers of petals, sepals, stamen and pistil.
- Some of these parts may even be absent.