What are the main functions of Leaf?
- Leaves make food for the plant (photosynthesis).
- Leaves release water in the air (Transpiration) .
- Plants release a lot of water into the air.
- The process by which water comes out of leaves in the form of vapor, is known as Transpiration.
- It is the process through which the green leaves make food for the plant
- In this process, green leaves combine with carbon dioxide and water in the presence of sunlight to make food and oxygen gas.
The plants having tap roots have a reticulate venation in their leaves whereas the plants having fibrous roots have parallel venation i n their leaves.