How do auxins promote the growth of a tendril around a support?
Auxins promote growth of a tendril by
- The stem and leaf tendrils are sensitive to touch.
- When they come in contact with the support , auxins are synthesized and it diffuses to the other side of the plants.
- This makes the rate of growth of tendrils less as against the other parts of the plants.
- The tendrils cling on to a support (eg. bamboo stick) and grows on by circling around the stem for support.
- This is a growth that is directional (up the support) and so it appears as movement.