What is the physical state of water at—
(a) 25°C (b) 0°C (c) 100°C ?
We know that
Physical state of Water at temperatures
- 0° C or less - Ice (Solid)
- 0° C to 100° C - Water (Liquid)
- 100° C or above - Steam(Gas)
Thus, Physical state of water at
- 25° C - Liquid state
- 0° C - 0° C is the freezing point of water. Hence, at 0° C water exists in both liquid (water) and solid (water vapour) states.
- 100° C - 100° C is the boiling point of water. Hence, at 100° C water exists in both liquid (water) and gaseous (water vapour) states.