What type of resource is present in a waterfall?
Answer by Student
So, the correct answer is (A) Potential
Detailed Explanation by Teachoo
Let’s understand what are potential and actual resources first.
are those resources whose total available quantity is not known at present and can be used in the future. They need detailed surveys and suitable technology to be developed and utilized.
- Actual resources are those resources whose total quantity and quality are at present known and can be developed and utilized.
Now, let’s check all the options
Option (A) Potential
- A waterfall is a potential resource because it has the force of falling water that can be used to generate hydroelectricity. However, the total quantity of water and the power generation capacity of a waterfall may not be known at present. Also, it needs suitable technology and infrastructure to harness the energy of the waterfall. So, this is
Option (B) Ubiquitous
- Ubiquitous resources are those resources that are found everywhere, such as air and sunlight. A waterfall is not a ubiquitous resource because it is found only at certain places where there is a steep drop in the elevation of a river or a stream. So, this is
Option (C) Actual
- An actual resource is a resource whose total quantity and quality are at present known and can be developed and utilized. A waterfall may not be an actual resource if its potential for power generation is not known or if it is not developed with suitable technology. So, this is
- Option (D) Biotic - Biotic resources are those resources that are living or derived from living organisms, such as plants, animals and microorganisms. A waterfall is not a biotic resource because it is derived from the physical or non-living environment. So, this is incorrect .
Thus, option (A) is correct