Write short notes on the backwaters and the gompas.
Answer by Student
- Backwater is a part of a river or a lake where the water is still and does not flow
- They are a network of canals and lakes fed by numerous rivers, with Kerala being particularly known for its backwaters.
- Kerala backwaters are a major attraction for tourism and culture in Kerala.
- Backwater can have many benefits such as providing irrigation, fishing, transportation, and recreation.
- They are monasteries that serve as places of worship, meditation, and cultural significance.
- Gompas are often located in mountainous regions, particularly in Ladakh.
- Many famous fairs and festivals are celebrated around these Gompas, such as Losar, Shey Shrupla, and Hemis Chheshu