- The land mass of India has an area of 3.28 million square km.
- India’s total area accounts for 2.4% of total geographical area of the world.
- India is the 7 th largest country in the world, in terms of size.
- India has a land boundary of about 15,200km and total length of the coastline of the mainland, including Andaman- Nicobar and Lakshwadeep is 7516.6km
- In the north, India is bound by young fold mountains, while in the south it has Arabian Sea on the west and Bay of Bengal on the east.
- Latitudinal and longitudinal extent of the country is about 30°
- From Gujarat to Arunachal Pradesh there is a time lag of 2 hours.
- Time along the standard meridian of India (82°30’E) passing through Mirzapur ( in Uttar Pradesh) is taken as standard time for the whole country.
Size - Concepts - Chapter 1 Class 9 Geography - India-Size And Location - Geography
Last updated at Aug. 1, 2023 by Teachoo