- India is vast in size.
- It lies entirely in the northern hemisphere of the globe.
- India extends between latitudes 8°4’ N and 37°6’N and longitudes 68°7’E and 97°25’E.
- The tropic of cancer divides the country in almost 2 equal parts.
- To the southeast lie Andaman and Nicobar islands in the Bay of Bengal and to the southwest lies Lakshwadeep in the Arabian Sea.
- The southernmost point of Indian Union- INDIRA POINT got submerged under sea water in 2004 during the tsunami.
Location - Concepts - Chapter 1 Class 9 Geography - India-Size And Location - Geography
Last updated at Aug. 1, 2023 by Teachoo