A study revealed that the lives of up to 59% of people who suffered from an injury could have been saved if the victims had been given some type of simple first aid. As a columnist for a health magazine, draft an article in about 120-150 words, on the importance of the general public having basic lifesaving skills. Discuss the advantages of first aid knowledge and encourage people to acquire the needed training for it. Support your ideas with the cues given below.
- Explain the serious consequences of not having basic first aid knowledge - include relevant points from the question
- Describe the advantages of knowing first-aid (any three)
* Mention the positive impacts of knowing first-aid
* Mention how knowing first-aid can make a real difference
- Provide suggestions for helping people learn first-aid (any one)
* Attending first-aid training programs offered by various institutes/organisations (e.g. training offered by Indian Red Cross Society)
- Organising first-aid training programs in schools and workplaces