Coastal areas experience interesting phenomena called Land Breeze and Sea Breeze.
- During the day , the land gets heated faster .
- The air over the land also gets heated and rises up .
- To fill the gap, air from the sea rushes in , while the hot air over the land moves towards the sea.
- The air from the sea is known as Sea Breeze .
- At night , water cools down more slowly than land, and so the opposite phenomenon takes place.
- Air over the sea rises up , and cool air from the land rushes in to take its place.
- This air from the land towards the sea is known as the Land Breeze .