What is Heat?
Heat is a form of Energy that makes a substance hotter.
- Heat can be felt by touch . But, touch is a much less reliable method to check for and measure heat.
- Heat is generally measured in terms of temperature , which can be reliably measured by a device called thermometer .
- It can be obtained from several sources such as the sun , hot objects , fire etc.
What is Temperature?
Temperature of an object is the degree of hotness (or coldness) of an object.
For Example -
- The temperature of boiling water is 100 degree celsius ( 100°C ) so, the boiling water feels very hot to touch.
- On the other hand, the temperature of melting ice is 0 degrees celsius ( 0°C ) which is quite low. So, the ice feels very cold to touch.
The temperature of an object is measured using a thermometer.