- Fabrics which are the materials used to make clothes are made from Yarns (long threads)
- There are many processes to make Fabrics. Two main processes are Weaving and Knitting.
- When 2 yarns are used together to make a fabric is known as Weaving.
- Weaving of fabric is done on looms.
- A device used for making fabrics by weaving yarn or threads is known as Loom .
- There are 2 types of looms: Handlooms and Powerlooms
- When a single yarn is used to make a fabric by interlocking loops it is known as Knitting
- It may be hand operated or done using machines .