Why does menstruation occur?
- Every month , the female ovary produces eggs and the uterus prepares itself to receive the fertilized egg.
- The uterus lining becomes thick and rich in tissue and blood vessels in order to provide nutrition to the fertilized egg.
- However, if the fertilization doesn’t take place, there is no requirement of the lining.
- So it breaks and comes out through vagina in the form of blood and mucus .
- This cyclic process which occurs every month is known as menstruation .