Acids and bases have the following in common
- Both Acids and bases release ions in water solution
- On dissolving in water, acids give H + ions .
- On the other hand, bases give OH - ions on dissolving in water
- Since both are capable of producing ions when dissolved in water, they are electrolytes
- Since they are electrolytes, they are both capable of conducting electricity .
- Both Acids and Bases undergo neutralisation reaction
- Both Acids and Bases are organic, and inorganic
- Both Acids and BAses change color of litmus paper