What are the limitations of extracting energy from—
(a) the wind? (b) waves? (c) tides?
The Limitations of Wind Energy are
- High speed winds are required to obtain wind energy, most places do not experience high speed winds.
- The initial cost of setting up wind mills is very high.
- Large amount of area is required to set up windmill farms.
The Limitations of Wave Energy are
- Wave energy can only be used in areas where Waves are very strong
- Since the waves are erratic, the energy produced from wave energy is unpredictable. So, it is not a reliable source of energy
- The initial set-up costs are high
The Limitations of Tidal Energy are
- There are very few sites around the world which are suitable for building tidal dams.
- The rise and fall of sea-water during high and low tides is not enough to generate electricity on a large scale.
- The cost of maintaining the dam is high
Subscribe to our Youtube Channel - https://you.tube/teachoo