In order to meet the ever-increasing demand in factories and for shelter, trees are being continually cut. Is it justified to cut trees for such projects? Discuss and prepare a brief report.
No, trees should not be cut to meet the increasing demand in factories and shelter because
- It leads to shortage of food which is obtained from trees
- Plants help us breathe clean air as they give out Oxygen and absorb harmful Carbon Dioxide from the atmosphere
- The roots of the plants are responsible for holding the soil together. Deforestation would lead to soil erosion.
- It also leads to various natural calamities like flood, drought etc.
- Decrease in the number of trees would lead to increase in Carbon Dioxide, thus more greenhouse gases will be trapped and it would lead to global warming
Subscribe to our Youtube Channel - https://you.tube/teachoo