In order to meet the ever-increasing demand in factories and for shelter, trees are being continually cut. Is it justified to cut trees for such projects? Discuss and prepare a brief report.
No, trees should not be cut to meet the increasing demand in factories and shelter because
- It leads to shortage of food which is obtained from trees
- Plants help us breathe clean air as they give out Oxygen and absorb harmful Carbon Dioxide from the atmosphere
- The roots of the plants are responsible for holding the soil together. Deforestation would lead to soil erosion.
- It also leads to various natural calamities like flood, drought etc.
- Decrease in the number of trees would lead to increase in Carbon Dioxide, thus more greenhouse gases will be trapped and it would lead to global warming