Fill in the blank by using the correct form of the word in the bracket, for the given portion of a letter:
I am writing to express my interest in applying for _______ (teach) position at your school. I have a master's degree in English literature and four years of experience in _______ (educate) field.
Answer as written by the student:
I am writing to express my interest in applying for the teaching position at your school. I have a master’s degree in English literature and four years of experience in the education field.
Step-by-step explanation of the answer:
In this question, you have to fill in the blanks by using the correct form of the word in the bracket. 📝
- The word in the first bracket is “teach” , which is a verb. A verb is a word that shows an action or a state of being. 🏃♂️
- However, in this sentence, you need a noun, not a verb. A noun is a word that names a person, place, thing, or idea. 🐱
- In this case, the best suffix to use is -ing, which makes the noun “teaching”. This noun means the act or profession of instructing others. ✅
- In this case, you need to use the article the , because you are talking about a specific position at a specific school. Therefore, the correct answer is the teaching position. 🏫
- The word in the second bracket is “educate”, which is also a verb. You need to change it into a noun as well. 📝
- To change “educate” into a noun , you can use the same suffix as before: -ing. This makes the noun “educating”, which means the act or process of imparting knowledge or skills. 🎓
- This noun is more suitable and appropriate for this sentence. However, you also need to add an article before it, just like before. 📰
In this case, you also need to use the article the, because you are talking about a specific field that you have experience in. Therefore, the correct answer is the education field. 💼