Why is it important for us to improve our weaving sector instead of exporting yarn in large quantities?
Points to remember
- Weaving is an important occupation for rural people . It helps them to sustain their livelihood .
- Yarn is used as a raw material which is exported and used to produce finished clothes which are more expensive .
- This is imported by our country which affects the economy negatively .
- With improvement we can manufacture these finished products in our country.
- It will increase employment and generate higher profits .
Answer to be written
It is important for us to improve our weaving sector instead of exporting yarn in large quantities because of the following reasons:
- Many people in rural India depend on the weaving sector for their livelihood . Improving the sector will increase their income and eventually improve their livelihood.
- Yarn which we export is used as a raw material by the clothing industry, they process it and produce finished clothes which are more expensive .
- We generally import these finished clothes, which are more expensive . Hence impacting the economy negatively .
- With improvements in our own weaving sector we can produce these clothes in our own country. Hence decreasing our imports .
- It will not only increase employment but also generate more profits . Hence impacting our economy positively .