Explain the pro-active approach adopted by the National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC) for preserving the natural environment and resources.
Points to remember
- By utilising and upgrading the existing equipment and adopting the latest technology.
- By minimising waste generation by ash utilisation
- By providing green belts and using special vehicles for afforestation .
- Reducing environmental pollution through ash and liquid waste management .
- By ecological monitoring , reviews and online database management for its power stations.
Answer to be written
NTPC ( National Thermal Power Corporation Limited ) is a major power-providing corporation in India. It has ISO certification for Environmental Management System (EMS). The company has taken a proactive approach to preserve the natural environment and resources like water, oil and gas and fuels.
This has been made possible:
- By utilising equipment , adopting the latest technology and upgrading existing equipment.
- By minimising waste generation by maximising ash utilisation .
- By providing green belts for nurturing ecological balance and using special purpose vehicles for afforestation.
- By reducing environmental pollution through ash pond management, ash water recycling system and liquid waste management.
- By ecological monitoring , reviews and online database management for all its power stations.