Name the highest peak of the Western Ghats.
(a) The Aravallis
(c) Vindhyan Range
(d) Anai Mudi
So, the correct answer is (D ): Anai Mudi
- Anai Mudi(2695 metres) is the highest peak in western ghats.
Let’s discuss all the other options :
- (a) The Aravallis : The Aravallis are a mountain range in north western India, and not a peak. So , this is incorrect.
- (b) Mahendragiri : is the highest peak( 1501 metres) in eastern ghats. So, this is incorrect.
- (c) Vindhya Range : it is a discontinuous mountain range in the north central India, and not a peak. So, this is incorrect.
- (d) Anai Mudi : is the highest peak( 2695 metres) in western ghats. So, this is correct.