Why is the difference between the duration of day and night hardly felt at Kanyakumari but not so in Kashmir?
Answer to be written in the exam :
- The difference in the duration of day and night at Kanyakumari and Kashmir are respectively due to their latitudinal locations.
- Kanyakumari is located closer to the Equator, i.e, 8° away from the Equator.
- Kanyakumari is close to the Equator, whereas Kashmir is far from the Equator. Kanyakumari is at 8°N latitude.
- As Equator receives direct sunlight, the duration between day and night would hardly be felt at Kanyakumari.
- On the other hand, Kashmir is at 37° N latitude, which means that it is 37° away from the Equator and receives slanting sunlight . So, there would be a difference in the duration of day and night in Kashmir. This difference causes a time lag between Kashmir and Kanyakumari.