Read the extract and answer the following questions.
She looked at him compassionately, with her heavy eyes, and then she noticed that the man was afraid. ‘‘Either he has stolen something or else he has escaped from, jail’’, she thought, and added quickly, “You may be sure, Captain, that you will be allowed to leave us just as freely as you came. Only please stay with us over Christmas Eve.’’ She said this in such a friendly manner that the rattrap peddler must have felt confidence in her. ‘‘It would never have occurred to me that you would bother with me yourself, miss,’’ he said. ‘’I will come at once.’’
Who was the woman who looked at the man compassionately in this extract?
- She was the old man's daughter
- She was the ironmaster's daughter
- She was the peddler's daughter
- She was the crofter's daughter
Answer as written by the student:
(b) She was the ironmaster's daughter
- To answer this question, we need to recall the information that was given before the extract.
- The information that was given before the extract was: Chapter name The Rattrap class 2.
- This tells us that the extract is from the chapter The Rattrap from class 2 textbook.
- If we read the chapter, we will find out that the woman who looked at the man compassionately in this extract was Edla Willmansson, the ironmaster's daughter. She had mistaken the peddler for an old acquaintance of her father, and had invited him to stay with them for Christmas Eve.
- Therefore, the correct answer is B. She was the ironmaster's daughter.😊
What did the woman notice about the man in this extract?
- She noticed that he was hungry and tired
- She noticed that he was handsome and charming
- She noticed that he was afraid and nervous
- She noticed that he was rude and arrogant