Question 2 (vi)
Complete the given sentence by selecting the most appropriate option.
The 2014 study attempts to understand student leadership by focussing on .
- experiences that shaped students’ overall personality.
- lessons gained by students as they grew up.
- relationship of key events with particular lessons.
- students in leadership roles.
From the paragraph:
A 2014 descriptive study sought to understand student leadership with research through key events via the following research questions:
Research Question 1: What key events do student leaders in college report as significantly impacting their development as a leader?
Research Question 2: What lessons do student leaders in college report learning as a result of the key events they have experienced?
Research Question 3: Are certain key events more likely to be linked to particular lessons? Approximately 130 students were contacted and the 72 interested were interviewed. Two members of the research team were present for each 15–45-minute interview. One member served as the primary interviewer while the second ran the audio equipment.
Checking the options:
- A. Experiences that shaped students’ overall personality.
- B. Lessons gained by students as they grew up.
- C. Relationship of key events with particular lessons.
- D. Students in leadership roles. - This is correct
So the correct answer is Option D.