Question 2 (iii)
Select the option that displays the most likely reason for including Research Question 3 in the 2014 study. In order to find out if...
- learning opportunities shape students’ overall personality.
- leadership lessons are the result of the designed learning opportunities.
- all learning opportunities cater to a specific lesson.
- certain lessons are common in more than one learning opportunity.
From the paragraph:
A 2014 descriptive study sought to understand student leadership with research through key events via the following research questions:
Research Question 1 : What key events do student leaders in college report as significantly impacting their development as a leader?
Research Question 2: What lessons do student leaders in college report learning as a result of the key events they have experienced?
Research Question 3 : Are certain key events more likely to be linked to particular lessons? Approximately 130 students were contacted and the 72 interested were interviewed. Two members of the research team were present for each 15–45-minute interview. One member served as the primary interviewer while the second ran the audio equipment.
Checking the options:
- A. Learning opportunities shape students’ overall personality.
- B. Leadership lessons are the result of the designed learning opportunities.
- C. All learning opportunities cater to a specific lesson.
- D. Certain lessons are common in more than one learning opportunity. - This is correct.
So the correct answer is Option D.