The place from where we get water is called source of water.
- The water which we use is obtained from sources such as Rivers, Lakes, Ponds, Wells and Springs.
- The water we get in taps in our homes comes from rivers, lakes, or tube wells.
- The river water, lake water and pond water is not fit for drinking so it has to be purified first.
- Major source of water on earth is Glaciers or Rains.
- Water which we get from glaciers and rains is very pure in the beginning.
- But, it gets impure when it flows into the rivers , lakes and ponds.
- Water reaches our homes through a network of pipes.
- The water of a deep well is usually fit for drinking.