Water is a natural resource which is important for both plants and animals .
It is one of the most common and useful substances around us.
Some important uses of water are as follows:
- Water is used in homes for drinking, washing utensils,cleaning floors, brushing,bathing, watering plants. Water is also used by animals for drinking.
- We need water for our day to day daily needs . Consumption of water by a person depends on his living standards.
- Water is used in agriculture for growing food and dispersal of seed.
- Water is needed to grow all kinds of plants , fibres such as cotton and jute require a lot of water to grow.
- Water is used in industries for producing almost all things like cloth, medicine, breads, biscuits.
- Water is used in radiators of vehicles to keep things cool.
- Water is used for transporting good and passengers from one place to another by boats, motor boats and ships.
- Water is used to generate electricity. At a power plant, water stored in a dam falls gradually from a height, this fast moving water turns the turbines and generates electricity.