Adult humans have a total of 32 teeth in their mouth.
There are 4 types of teeth present in our mouth. The teeth have characteristics suited to different activities .
1. Incisors - Have sharp edges for cutting food into small pieces.
- Humans have 8 incisors.
2. Canines - Are sharp and elongated to grip and tear through food (such as meat).
- We have 4 canines in our mouth.
3. Premolars - Have a flat surface and ridges adapted for crushing and grinding food into even smaller portions.
- We have 8 premolars , 4 on each side of the jaw.
4. Molars - Have a flat and biting surface meant for grinding food.
- They are also known as the strongest set of teeth.
- Humans have 12 molars each.