What are Life Processes?
The living organisms carry out certain basic functions which ensure their existence .
These processes can be Digestion, Respiration, Transportation, Excretion, Locomotion (movement) etc.
Such processes are called Life Processes .
Life processes are necessary to maintain the life of the organism.
Need for Life Processes:
- The ultimate goal of a human body is:
- To ensure the existence of the organism
- To prevent damage and breakdown of the body
In order to achieve this goal, the organism requires energy.
- Acquired by Nutrition
- Absorbed by Digestion
- Broken down by oxygen acquired through Respiration
- Carried to the rest of the body by Transportation
- We get rid of waste by Excretion