Define the following terms.
- Elements or compounds which occur naturally in earth's crust are called Minerals.
- These minerals may or may not contain metals.
Example: Salt,Clay Marble.
- Those minerals which contain a very high percentage of a particular metal from which metal can be profitably extracted is called ores.
- Aluminium Metal is extracted from Bauxite Ore
- Iron Metal is extracted from Hematite Ore
- Sodium Metal is extracted from Rock Salt
Unwanted impurities present in the ore is called Gangue.
Example - Soil, Sand, Rocky materials.