Assertion (A): Excretory unit of kidneys are nephrons.
Reason (R): It has no role in secretion of urine.
- Nephrons are the basic structural and functional unit of kidneys
- They carry out filtration , selective reabsorption and tubular secretion to form urine in kidneys
- Urine is then passed out through the urethra , via the ureters and urinary bladder.
- However, they have no role in secretion of urine.
- Urine is secreted via the urethra after being collected in the urinary bladder.
- The assertion is True
- The reason is True
But the reason is not the correct explanation for the assertion.
So, the correct option is (b)