What is IVF?
IVF Means Invitro Fertilization or ‘in Glass Fertilization’
In IVF, fertilization of female egg and male sperm is done artificially in a glass tube
Baby produced through IVF is called Test tube baby
Why is IVF Done?
Fertilization of male and female gametes happens in oviducts(fallopian tubes)
In some females, the fallopian tubes are blocked.
So, normal fertilization is not possible
In this case, IVF is done for fertilization
What is Procedure for IVF?
- Eggs are removed from ovary of females
- Sperms are taken from husband
- Sperms are mixed with eggs in a glass dish(test tube)
- When eggs are fertilized and embryos are formed
- These embryos are placed in women’s uterus
- After some times. these embryos are developed into foetus which later develop into baby
Baby formed through such method of In-vitro fertilization are called test tube babies
NCERT Question 10 (3) - Complete the cross-word puzzle using the hints given below
Another term for in vitro fertilisation.