Get NCERT Solutions of Chapter 6 Class 10 Triangles free at teachoo. Solutions to all NCERT Exercise Questions, Examples, Theorems, Optional Exercises are available with Videos of each and every question.
We have studied Congruency of Triangles in Class 9.
In this chapter, we will learn
- What are Similar figures
- Difference between Congruency and Similarity
- Basic Proportionality Theorem (BPT) - with Proof (Theorem 6.1)
- Inverse of Basic Proportionality Theorem - with Proof (Theorem 6.2)
- AAA (Angle Angle Angle) Similarity i.e. all 3 angles equal, with Proof (Theorem 6.3)
- Is AA and AAA the same?
- SSS (Side Side Side) Similarity i.e. all 3 sides in proportion, with Proof (Theorem 6.4)
- SAS (Side Angle Side) Similarity, i.e. 2 sides in proportion, and 1 angle between them equal - with Proof (Theorem 6.5)
- Ratios of areas of two similar triangles is equal to square of ratio of their corresponding sides - with Proof (Theorem 6.6)
- Theorem 6.7 - If a perpendicular is drawn from the vertex of the right angle of a right triangle to the hypotenuse then triangles on both sides of the perpendicular are similar to the whole triangle and to each other
- Pythagoras Theorem Proof (Theorem 6.8)
Click on a link below to start doing the chapter.