- Governments that are called democracies are a government that is chosen by the people.
- Democracy is a form of government in which the people elect rulers.
- In a democracy, the final decision-making power must rest with those elected by the people.
- Democracy must be based on a free and fair election where those currently in power have a fair chance of losing.
- In a democracy, each adult citizen must have one vote and each vote must have one value.
- A democratic government rules within limits set by constitutional law and citizens’ rights.
- Democracy, as a principle, can go beyond the government and can be applied to any sphere of life.
Conclusion - Concepts - Chapter 1 Class 9 Political Science - What Is Democracy? Why Democracy - Political Science
Last updated at July 17, 2023 by Teachoo